Chico Electric is Hiring for all Field Positions!
Chico Electric is looking for experienced Journeyman Electricians to join our team. We are looking for CA State Certified Electricians with at least 5 years Journey Level experience in one or all of the following markets: Small Residential/Commercial, Agricultural, Industrial, Residential/Commercial Solar and Renewables, Service, Commissioning, O&M.
Market: Residential, Commercial, Agricultural Reports To: General Foreman
Base Rate: $28.00 per hr. Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
· To execute a professional installation
Essential Job Functions:
· Install conduit and conduit supports, pull wire and feeder cables, terminations, install panels,
switchgear, transformers; underground and trench shovel work; assemble and install light fixtures.
· Have, and be able to use, all tools on Chico Electric “Required Tool List”
· Install and troubleshoot all systems including single or 3 phase, 120 volts to 480 volts.
· Organize and maintain jobsite material storage area or container, as needed
· Be capable of laying out and installing branch circuitry and conduit runs with minimal direction
· Communicate tool, equipment and material needs to Site Leader or Project Planner in order to assure sufficient resources are maintained on jobsite at all times
· Coordinate, supervise and assist with the work of apprentices/trainees and helpers, as needed
· Report unscheduled tardiness and absences to General Forman or Project Planner as early as possible
· Complete weekly timecard accurately, legibly and completely
· Attend bi-weekly safety meetings and adhere to all requirements of the Chico Electric safety program, including use of PPE
· Coordinate with, and take direction from, Site Leader or Project Planner
Essential Job Requirements:
Driving: Current, valid Driver License for State where you will drive, meet company auto insurance qualifications
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum 5 years commercial/industrial/agricultural electrical work and Residential.
Required Certification: Current California State General Electrician Certification
Required skills: Able to read & understand blueprints; Capable of laying out support systems, conduit installations, power and lighting equipment; Experienced with single and 3 phase systems up to, and including, 480 volts. Experience in conduit bending, wire pulling and terminations, circuitry layout, working knowledge of NEC and troubleshooting skills
Preferences: NECA or WECA Journeyman certificate.
Physical Requirements: Ability to climb ladders, lift 50 lbs, push, pull, balance, walk, stoop and handle material, and drive company vehicles
Only applicants who complete the application and added skills survey will be considered for an interview. We encourage you to provide a cover letter, resume, and letters of reference.
Our comprehensive benefit package is available after waiting periods and includes Paid Personal Time Off, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and a 401k plan.
Chico Electric is a drug free organization. All candidates must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen.
All Certified Electrician applicants must provide:
· A copy of your CA State Certification card or your CA State Certification number
· A current (within the last 30 days) CA DMV printout.