Chico Electric is looking for experienced Journeyman Electricians to join our team. We are looking for Electricians with at least 5 years Journey Level experience in one or all of the following markets: Small Residential/Commercial, Agricultural, Industrial, Residential/Commercial Solar and Renewables, Service, Commissioning, O&M.
Department: Residential, Commercial, Agricultural Reports To: Certified Electrician
Base Rate: $26.00 per hr. Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Non-Certified Electrician Purpose:
The non-certified electrician will learn the electrical trade and values of Chico Electric, while incorporating knowledge gained from class and the field in preparation to become a Certified Journey Level Electrician.
Essential Job Functions:
· Install conduit and conduit supports, pull wire and feeder cables, Install panels, switchgear, transformers; underground and trench shovel work; assemble and install light fixtures.
· Have, or be acquiring and be able to use, all tools on Chico Electric “Required Tool List”
· Organize and maintain jobsite material storage area or container, as needed
· Communicate tool, equipment and material needs to Certified Journeyman, Site Leader or Project Planner in order to assure sufficient resources are maintained on jobsite at all times
· Report unscheduled tardiness and absences to General Forman or Project Planner as early as possible
· Complete weekly timecard accurately, legibly and completely
· Attend bi-weekly safety meetings and adhere to all requirements of the Chico Electric safety program, including use of PPE
· Coordinate with, and take direction from, Certified Journeyman, Site Leader or Project Planner
Essential Job Requirements:
Driving: Current, valid Driver License for State where you will drive, meet company auto insurance qualifications
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Required Certification: Enrolled as a trainee with the State of California; and be enrolled in a state approved school with intentions to become a Journey Level Electrician and pass State Certification
Required skills: Learn to read & understand blueprints; upon direction, be capable of laying out support systems, conduit installations, power and lighting equipment; Create a learning knowledge of conduit bending, wire pulling and terminations under direction of Certified Electrician, circuitry layout, and a working knowledge of NEC and troubleshooting skills
Preferences: Electrical or construction experience
Physical Requirements: Ability to climb ladders, lift 50 lbs, push, pull, balance, walk, stoop and handle material, and drive company vehicles
Only applicants who complete the application and added skills survey will be considered for an interview. We encourage you to provide a cover letter, resume, and letters of reference.
Our comprehensive benefit package is available after waiting periods and includes Paid Personal Time Off, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and a 401k plan.
Chico Electric is a drug free organization. All candidates must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen.
All Non-Certified Electrician applicants must provide:
· A current (within the last 30 days) CA DMV printout.
· Verifiable proof of experience