Chico Electric is looking for experienced Journeyman Electricians to join our team.
Wage Range: $30-$45 per hr.
We are looking for CA State Certified Electricians with at least 5 years Journey Level experience in one or all of the following markets:
- Small Residential/Commercial
- Residential/Commercial Solar and Renewable
- Commissioning, O&M.
· To execute a professional installation
Essential Job Functions:
- Install conduit and conduit supports, pull wire and feeder cables, terminations, install panels,
switchgear, transformers; underground and trench shovel work; assemble and install light fixtures.
- Have, and be able to use, all tools on Chico Electric “Required Tool List”
- Install and troubleshoot all systems including single or 3 phase, 120 volts to 480 volts AC. Install and troubleshoot all systems from 24 volts to 1000 volts DC.
- Organize and maintain jobsite material storage area or container, as needed
- Be capable of laying out and installing branch circuitry and conduit runs with minimal direction
- Communicate tool, equipment and material needs to Site Leader or Project Planner in order to assure sufficient resources are maintained on jobsite at all times
- Coordinate, supervise and assist with the work of apprentices/trainees and helpers, as needed
- Report unscheduled tardiness and absences to VP, Manager, Assistant Manager or Project Manager as early as possible (whomever is managing the project) as well as to their supervisor as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Complete weekly timecard accurately, legibly and completely
- Attend bi-weekly safety meetings and adhere to all requirements of the Chico Electric safety program, including use of PPE
- Coordinate with, and take direction from, Site Leader or Project Planner
- May be required to be on the Emergency Service On-Call rotation.
- May be required to work out of town.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Driving: Current, valid Driver License for State where you will drive, meet company auto insurance qualifications
- Current California State General Electrician Certification
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years commercial/industrial/agricultural electrical work and Residential.
- Ability to climb ladders, lift 50 lbs, push, pull, balance, walk, stoop and handle material, and drive company vehicles
- Medical Gap Insurance
- 401k match up to 4%
We encourage you to provide a cover letter, resume, and letters of reference.
Chico Electric is a drug free organization. All candidates must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen.
All Certified Electrician applicants must provide:
· A copy of your CA State Certification card or your CA State Certification number
· A current (within the last 30 days) CA DMV printout.