$25.00 - $30.00 an Hour
Chico Electric is looking for 4-5 Year Electrical Trainees to join our team.
We are looking for Electrical Trainees with 4-5 years’ experience in one or all of the following markets:
- Small Residential/Commercial
- Agricultural, Industrial
- Residential/Commercial Solar and Renewables
- Commissioning, O&M
Essential Job Functions:
- Install conduit and conduit supports, pull wire and feeder cables, terminations less then 100v, install panels, switchgear, transformers; underground and trench shovel work; assemble and install light fixtures.
- Have, or be acquiring and be able to use, all tools on Chico Electric “Required Tool List”
- Install and troubleshoot, under the direction of a Certified Journeyman, all systems including single or 3 phase, 120 volts to 480 volts.
- Organize and maintain jobsite material storage area or container, as needed
- Communicate tool, equipment and material needs to Certified Journeyman, Site Leader or Project Planner in order to assure sufficient resources are maintained on jobsite at all times
- Report unscheduled tardiness and absences to General Foreman or Project Planner as early as possible
- Complete weekly timecard accurately, legibly and completely
- Attend bi-weekly safety meetings and adhere to all requirements of the Chico Electric safety program, including use of PPE
- Coordinate with, and take direction from, Certified Journeyman, Site Leader or Project Planner
Essential Job Requirements:
- Driving: Current, valid Driver License for State where you will drive, meet company auto insurance qualifications
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Required Certification: Enrolled as a trainee with the State of California; and be enrolled in a state approved school with intentions to become a Journey Level Electrician and pass State Certification
- Preferences: Electrical or construction experience
- Physical Requirements: Ability to climb ladders, lift 50 lbs, push, pull, balance, walk, stoop and handle material, and drive company vehicles
- Medical Gap Insurance
- 401k match up to 4%
We encourage you to provide a cover letter, resume, and letters of reference.
Chico Electric is a drug free organization. All candidates must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen.
All 4-5 Year Electrical Trainee applicants must provide:
· A CA Trainee Certification or verifiable equivalent experience
· A current (within the last 30 days) CA DMV printout.