$2,500.00 sign on Bonus!
Chico Electric is looking for 4 Year Electrical Trainees to join our team.
We are looking for Electrical Trainees with 4 years’ experience in one or all of the following markets:
- Small Residential/Commercial
- Agricultural, Industrial
- Residential/Commercial Solar and Renewables
- Commissioning, O&M
Essential Job Functions:
- Install conduit and conduit supports, pull wire and feeder cables, terminations less then 120v, install panels, switchgear, transformers; underground and trench shovel work; assemble and install light fixtures.
- Have, or be acquiring and be able to use, all tools on Chico Electric “Required Tool List”
- Under the direction of a Certified Journeyman, Install and troubleshoot all systems including single or 3 phase, 120 volts to 480 volts. Install and troubleshoot all systems from 24 volts to 1000 volts DC.
- Organize and maintain jobsite material storage area or container, as needed
- Communicate tool, equipment and material needs to Certified Journeyman, Site Leader or Project Planner in order to assure sufficient resources are maintained on jobsite at all times
- Complete weekly timecard accurately, legibly and completely
- Attend bi-weekly safety meetings and adhere to all requirements of the Chico Electric safety program, including use of PPE
- Coordinate with, and take direction from, Certified Journeyman, Planning Electrician or Project Manager.
- Report unscheduled tardiness and absences to VP, Manager, Assistant Manager or Project Manager as early as possible (whomever is managing the project) as well as to their supervisor as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- May be required to be on the Emergency Service On-Call rotation (with NFPA 70E certification).
- May be required to work out of town.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Driving: Current, valid Driver License for State where you will drive, meet company auto insurance qualifications
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Required Certification: Enrolled as a trainee with the State of California; and be enrolled in a state approved school with intentions to become a Journey Level Electrician and pass State Certification
- Preferences: Electrical or construction experience
- Physical Requirements: Ability to climb ladders, lift 50 lbs, push, pull, balance, walk, stoop and handle material, and drive company vehicles
- Medical Gap Insurance
- 401k match up to 4%
We encourage you to provide a cover letter, resume, and letters of reference.
Chico Electric is a drug free organization. All candidates must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen.
Sign on bonus would be calculated based on starting wage. More details from Hiring Lead.
All 4-5 Year Electrical Trainee applicants must provide:
· A CA Trainee Certification or verifiable equivalent experience
· A current (within the last 30 days) CA DMV printout.